The Power of Video on Your Squarespace Site
The power of video cannot be underestimated. In a society accustomed to immediate gratification and plagued with a serious lack of attention span, you have seconds to capture the attention of visitors to your Squarespace website. One of the most effective ways to engage a visitor to your website is to get them to click on a video.
Why can video be more effective than text or photos at enticing your target market on your Squarespace website, in your email marketing campaigns, and on social media? Here are five reasons based on research by emarketer.com:
- 93% of marketers used video for online marketing in 2013
- 72.1 million US smartphone users watched video on their devices at least monthly in 2013.
- Over half of 25-54 year olds share video online
- Marketers who use video in email cite increased click-through rates, more time spent reading emails, increased sharing and forwarding, better conversion rates, and higher revenue generated as key benefits.
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide cite video as the type of content with the best ROI.
Want to give video a go on your Squarespace site? Remember this tip: Keep it short and sweet. Viewer retention rates drop significantly after the 1 minute mark. So make it brief, compelling, informative or entertaining, and impactful!